Monday, September 12, 2011

Dogs in Onesies

Hi again everybody!

Sounds like things are going just swell back in the blessed land of the States. I miss the states, I miss having a decent postal service, people who drive a little bit faster (the speed limit here is SOOOOOOOOO slow...) and grocery prices at decent amounts. I got the package from Summer that mom and dad had her send. Thank you very much for that! I really appreciate it!

A funny experience we had this week. We were tracting on the outskirts of town, just visiting some houses that are pretty far away that I am sure missionaries in the past have not visited. We were coming up to one and we see this dog in a pajama onesie. It had the butt flap and everything!  It was the koolest dog I have ever seen! I could not stand up cuz I was laughing so hard. I was sure to compliment the people on the outfit. Apparently the dog was their guard dog...I will send a picture and you tell me if it looks much like a guard dog, personally, I am not too threatened by a dog wearing pajamas, but that is just me tho :)
We went on splits last week. I went with Elder Johnson, our DL. It was really fun, the only downfall is that NO ONE was home that we planned to see, that was awkward. It is pretty difficult to find people. The hours from 1-4 are so hard to work during cuz that is when everyone is working. A lot of people have 2 full time jobs up here.

So, we are going to be receiving our District Callings soon. I am going to be the District: Complimentor, Activities Coordinator, Health Advisor (my personal favorite) and Scrapbook Committee Chairman. I know, the last one is a little odd, especially for me, but we are planning on making a District scrapbook while we are here. Don't have high expectations, I know NOTHING about scrapbook, but I can learn :) We gave ourselves the name "Whitehorse Warriors" pretty awesome name, I know. We came up with a scripture for us too, 2 Cor. 12:10, a bomb scripture if you ask me. It was between that and Alma 48:13, which I thought we should of had, but one of the Elders in our District thought it was too violent....for reputations sake, he will remain nameless :) not that it really matter anyways.
Oh my, so the other Elders stay at the family history center at the church for certain hours during the week. One of the days, they couldn't make it cuz they had something come up, so we went there for them. This lady came to do some history work too. She was very nice. Unfortunately, for the next 3 hours, all we could smell was cat urine. Man, that was just excruciating..

We started p90x today! I was so happy! The Thompsons are letting us come over in the mornings and do it. We get there at 6 and start, so not as early as Elder Meteer and I were doing it, thank goodness! Elder Bowes does not really like getting up in the mornings, so it is a trial for him to get up, but it is worth it!

I was thinking of a quote by President Monson. I read it in on the recent ensigns.
"Friends move away, children grow up, loved ones pass on. It's so easy to take others for granted, until that day when they're gone from our lives and we are left with feelings of 'what if' and 'if only'.
Let us relish life as we live it, find joy in the journey and share our love with friends and family. One day, each of us will run out of tomorrows. Let us not put off what is  most important".
It is true, how the people who make the biggest impact on our lives and have the best influence, are often the ones we tend to forget first and take for granted. There is that famous quote "you never know what you have 'till its gone". It is true, a lot of us do not realize what we do have. I always try to thank Heavenly Father for the wonderful, loving family that I am blessed with. Who have set the best examples for me and have always lent me a helping hand. For being patient with me and never ceasing to love me. I will always try to be grateful for what I do have and recognize it when I have it. I love you all, thank you again.

Love,
Elder Hartman1

No comments:

Post a Comment