Monday, June 4, 2012

Heading to Fairbanks!

Hello there family and friends,

Life out here is great, serving the Lord is the best work anyone can
do! I love it :)

I am getting transferred to Fairbanks, yay! I will be going to the
Fairbanks, second ward and serving with E. Na'a - a Tongan from
Inglewood, Cali; and E. Leota - a Samoan from America Samoa I believe.
I will update y'all on the ward next week. Elder Butler is going to be
staying in the Sand Lake ward and Elder Fina'i will be going to Fish
hook, Wasilla. It is a bummer, when you get the call and are notified
you are getting transferred, you usually have a mixture of emotion -
happiness and reluctance. You are happy you are going somewhere else
and getting a new experience/adventure, but that is also when you
realize how much you love the ward, members and your companion(s).
This ward rocks, I love the Sand Lake ward. Everyone is so nice and
welcoming here, definitely one of the nicest wards I have been in on
my mission thus far. We said some goodbyes yesterday. I will most
likely see a lot of these members again tho, since they are in
Anchorage and they are moderately close to the mission home.

I think I already updated y'all on this, but we got a new bishop a
while ago, so our main focus was making a good first impression on him
and giving him some suggestions/ideas on things we want to see happen
in the ward. There is a bright future here in the ward, hopefully the
work picks up. E. Butler and I really felt like we were going thro a
junk pile the last two transfers, sorting things out and getting
things moving again, finding something valuable here and there. The
area is awesome tho, I will always remember it definitely.

I am going to be sending some more pictures, so enjoy them! The one I
am sending with this e-mail is all of us in the car - obviously ;)

Love you all so much and thank you for everything!

Love,
  Elder Hartman1

No comments:

Post a Comment