Monday, March 19, 2012

New Zone

Ola! Well, the new area is doing great, we have had a very warm welcome from the ward and are really earning their trust. We met with all of the ward council before Sunday, something that Pres. is really pushing right now, you can really see how it does build trust with them to. You show them you are here to work and it is a great way to earn referrals.
  My new comp is E. Butler, he is from Kimberly, ID (near Twin Falls). He has been out for 16 months, so one transfer ahead of me. He recently came down from Fairbanks, this is his first time in Anchorage, he is lucky. I just realized: I have spent most of my mission in Anchorage now, yikes. If you want to know anything else about him, let me know, I am probably missing some stuff. We get along great with each other, nothing to worry about us as a companionship.
We helped out with the Road Show last week. We got wrapped into doing it, but that is fine because we had a lot of fun and got to know a lot of the ward thro it. We mainly just stood there, sang, and made the ward look good. Their play was an Alaskan theme of Johnny Lingo, I am sure ya'll know what that is, if not, watch it; it is awesome!
This week has been a little stressful, mainly due to both of us being new Zone Leaders, whitewashing an area, and planning for zone conference for a whole new zone pretty much. This zone, last transfer, had a lot of changes done to it, almost every companionship changed, thus making it hard to determine what the current needs of our zone are. We have made good progress on what planning we have done tho - zone conference is tomorrow (the 20th) by the way - we met with Pres. last night and planned for 2 hours with him and talked about some things. We have it pretty set and stone now tho, which is great! Takes a huge load off us. Once we get the rhythm of things, it will go a lot smoother, both for our area and just getting more experience overall being a zone leader too.
  I have to say, feeling the sun warmth the other day was one of the greatest feelings I have ever experienced - I totally forgot what that felt like! After we had district meeting, we were getting into the truck and I literally stopped in place, with my hand about to open the door, and just stood there basking in the sun; what a marvelous feeling!
Other than that, things are going good. Loving the mission, trying to better myself each and every day. Hopefully ya'll will be able to see a different me come back from when I departed. I just hope that I am becoming the person Heavenly Father wants me to become. Thank you again for your support, I love each and every one of you dearly!
Love,
Elder Hartman1

No comments:

Post a Comment