Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Staying in Fairbanks

 Hello everyone,

Well, as y'all know, this week was transfers and to give you and
update, I will be staying here in Fairbanks. I am getting a new
companion, E. Boyer from Las Vegas. I have served around him a little
bit before and talked to him a few times. He is way tight, this should
be a lot of fun :) E. Na'a and E. Leota are both leaving to go serve
in Anchorage; this last week we said a lot of goodbyes to members in
the ward and other people. Last night we had dinner at an active
members home and they have this tradition where missionaries who are
leaving eat the dinner only using their mouths. It was really fun, we
ate spaghetti with a lot of sauce on it. It started into a food fight
at the end, it was so much fun. Another funny thing that happened
during the dinner, after all of the madness and everyone was cleaning
everything up, was when the lava lava I was wearing for my first time
(the families daughter is Samoan) and Polynesians usually wear that
attire and the pants I had on got sauce all over them, which in case
you do not know, it is pretty much a light skirt that both the men and
the women wear in the culture. I was bending down to pick up a pan
that just fell and the lava lava came undone! A good amount of people
got to see my hairy legs - do not worry, I was wearing my garments ;)
It was so embarrassing...but a great story.

Our baptism this weekend was great, the investigators whole family
came and the dad said the closing prayer. It was a touching
experience, it is so cool to see how the gospel brings families closer
together. It definitely does unite everyone and give us a purpose in
life. Now we just have to get the ward involved with the family so
they can stay strong and actively come every Sunday; there were
actually about seven less active families that we have been working
with that came to church yesterday, it was so wonderful to see.

Life is good, everything else is going great. I was not able to write
back to anyone for letters again today, I apologize to those who are
wondering what is taking me so long. I will make time for them -
hopefully ;) I love you all very much and I feel your love as well.
Have a great week and I will talk to you again next week!

Love,
Elder Hartman
 
1.  TELL US ALL ABOUT YOUR TRANSFER.

It was so good. It went by way too fast. I loved it, I learned a lot
about myself - a lot of things I really need to work on and do better.

2.  TELL US ABOUT YOUR NEW COMPANION.  (WHERE HE IS FROM, HOW LONG HE
HAS BEEN OUT, ETC ETC ETC)

His name is E. Boyer. He is from Las Vegas and has been out for one
transfer longer than me, so 21 months. He plays the banjo a little
bit, so I will be more familiar with the banjo this upcoming transfer
:) I am not with him yet, I am getting him on Wednesday morning so I
will be able to tell you more about him next week :)

3.  HOW ARE YOUR INVESTIGATORS COMING ALONG?  DID YOU HAVE THE BAPTISM
YOU WERE HOPING FOR?

They are doing pretty good. We did have a baptism this weekend. It
went really well, the whole family came. It was a great experience,
hopefully this strengthens their family and they continue to be
nourished by the ward! We have to meet with some of our other
investigators, there are some that we have not met with for a while
now, hopefully they are still interested.

4.  TELL US SOMETHING NEW YOU LEARNED THIS WEEK (OR MONTH).

To not be selfish and desire only my own personal salvation.

5.  I KNOW DAD WROTE A LITTLE BIT ABOUT YOUR CAR - WHAT DO YOU THINK?
ANY IDEAS AT ALL YET?

Not yet, I really do not have a preference, so long as it can go in
the snow pretty well. I will take anything :)

6.  MIKELLE IS GOING TO REGISTER YOU FOR SCHOOL IN A FEW WEEKS - ANY
THOUGHTS ON CLASSES YOU WANT TO TAKE?  BY THE WAY SCHOOL STARTS ON
JAN. 7TH I BELIVE)

No, not really, just sign me up and I will go :)

7.  DID YOU TALK TO THE PRES. ABOUT YOUR RELEASE DATE?  CAN YOU BE
HOME ON THE 16TH OF DEC. (SAT) SO OUR HOMECOMING CAN BE THE 17TH?  WE
CAN WRITE HIM IF YOU WOULD LIKE??

Would you write to him? That would be ever so nice :) I have not
talked to him about it yet no.

8.  WHAT ARE YOU DOING FOR PDAY THIS WEEK?

We are going to go ice skating! Yay! :) Then after that we are not sure yet :)

9.  DESCRIBE YOUR TYPICAL DAY.

Wake up at six thirty, do a little bit of an exercise (that is
something where there is a lot of room for improvement), then shower,
eat breakfast, studies, then head out the door and proselyte. We
mainly do less active work here, so we drop by a lot of persons homes
throughout the day, since there are so many in the ward and our area
is pretty small. We usually are in around 9 - 9:30, plan for the next
day, then wind down and are usually in bed by around 10:30. I know it
is not in great detail, but I do not have a whole lot of time.

10.  IS THERE ANYTHING YOU HOPE TO ACCOMPLISH BEFORE YOUR MISSION ENDS?

Great question....maybe finding an investigator family would be really
cool. There are a lot of part - members up here. I cannot think of
anything else specific at the moment, sorry!

I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment