Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Baptisms

Hello!

First thing is first: the Zip code for the mission is 99502, not
99512, just some info for ya :)

The Baptism was a success! Since we were teaching two kids, E. Leota
confirmed one and I confirmed the other the next day in sacrament
meeting. One was a child of record baptism and the other was an
investigators since she was nine. It was my first time confirming
someone. I was a little nervous beforehand, but it went really well
tho, got all of the wording right :)

We have interviews with Pres. on Friday, I think he is going to give
us some info on what is going to happen with transfers or at least
what he plans on doing. It is always fun to talk to Pres. he is so
awesome. Transfers are slowly sneaking up - still about two weeks
away, but it is just weird to think that this transfer is almost over.
Transfers are going to be on the 28th, so if on the 27th you do not
get an e-mail from me - I am driving down to Anchorage, just a heads
up.

The work in the area is still moving. We are mainly doing less-active
work right now. We were unable to meet with our other investigators
last week - both were no-shows. Hopefully we will meet with them this
week tho!

For pday today we are probably just going to be hanging out at the
church - playing sports and writing letters mainly, maybe play some
board games too :)

We had a good lesson with a former investigator the other day. Had it
outside, near the river on a bench, kinda fun for a change of scenery.
He met with the missionaries a while back, about last year sometime,
and has Jehovah's witness beliefs, very firm in the trinity belief -
all one God, not individual. That is always one that is hard to help
people see a different perspective on, there is only so much you can
do on your part to help them see, but in the end it is always up to
them. Hopefully we meet with him again.

We watched 17 Miracles with a less-active family the other day. Every
time I watch it, I always feel guilty because the trials that I go
thro are nothing compared to what they went thro. I always have to
strive to be grateful for what they did for us, the sacrifice they
performed in order to bring later generations the greatest blessings.

Thank you everyone for your prayers and support. I love you very much
and always strive to remember you and the things you do for me! Take
care!

Love,

Elder Hartman
____________________________________________________

1.  Tell us a little bit about your zone council conference you had last week.

It was good. We mainly just discussed how the work is going in the
zones, the new mission training plan and how to help disobedient
missionaries. Our zone is doing way good, everyone is working really
hard and a lot of people are going to be baptized this month :)

2.  Were all your pictures from your whole mission on your camera?
Did you ever download any of them?

Yes they were...I downloaded a few, but that was mainly the first six
months of my mission. I am so upset about that still, but will
continue to pray to find it!

3.  What was your favorite day of this week?  Why?

I am not sure....probably either Sunday or Saturday. Those were our
most productive days, we saw a lot of people and had good success.

4.  How do think you have changed since you left on your mission?

I like to think so - in a good way. I have learned so much and
continue to grow each and every day. The new challenges and trials
that come my way seem to get harder and harder, but every time
afterwards I am always grateful for them. I think I have matured a lot
these last 19 months, the Lord has broken me down and built me back up
to be the person He wants me to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment