Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy Valentine's Day!

Hello Family and friends,
 
First of all, happy Valentines Day! It is one of my favorite holidays - mainly because it is Johnny Bravos birthday :) hahaha. Hope ya'll are having fun! I am sending mom and dad valentines cards, hopefully they arrive speedily.
 
We had a good week this week as far as missionary work goes. We are steadily teaching more and more lessons and having more success. Still no new investigators unfortunately. The best thing we can do is just keep on doing the Father's will and they will come. It is taking a lot of diligence - which is something I really need to work on. I am glad I am learning this invaluable trait, it will definitely help me in the years to come.
 
I made it a priority this week to actually have a legitimate comp. inventory. Usually we discuss strengths, but nothing we need to work on. I keep asking if there is anything I need to work on, but my awesome comp. tells me there is nothing (which is not necessarily untrue ;)). I asked him "just tell me one thing I need to work on, one thing". It took a while, which I knew it would, but after pulling some teeth, a few things surfaced. Not big things, just some minor issues. It was really enriching, good progress was made. I learned some things that I was doing that I was totally oblivious to. And now, I know what I need to work on. It is really great to get someone elses perspective.
 
I am very grateful for everyones support throghout my mission. It can be hard to consistently send someone emails, letters, pictures, packages and not get any response in return. They really do mean the world to me. The packages always come at just the right time. After a long, hard day, there is no better feeling then seeing that package sitting in front of the door. Thank you everyone for your diligence and commitment for supporting me, not a day goes by that I do not thank my Heavenly Father for an amazing family. I love each and everyone of my 4 older sisters, their husbands and kids. I also love my two awesome parents, mom and dad, for blessing me with such a strong foundation in the gospel. I am grateful that dad had us do family prayer every night - even tho I pretty much said the exact same prayer everytime. I will always remember that. You are all great examples to me. I love you! You have put the icing on the cake for my mission! I absolutely love it and I promise all of you that I am doing my best. I try everyday to allow it to change me. Some days are better than others, but I do know with each and every step I take forward, I am becoming the man Heavenly Father wants me to become.
 
Love,
Elder Hartman1

No comments:

Post a Comment