Monday, October 17, 2011

Power of Prayer

Hey friends and family,

Sounds like things are going great back home. I love the email and support from everyone. A thought I had, to make it easier to answer questions that you have, make a list of questions, that way, it is easier for me to answer and I will better remember them :)

This week was just an overall awesome week of missionary work. The Lord blessed us greatly in His work. Through our obedience and diligence, we were able to find more investigators, have more powerful lessons, and have experienced the Lords blessings firsthand. It has humbled me greatly. That was one thing I was trying to work on this week, was trying to be more humble. I tried to follow Ammon's example, and glory in Heavenly Father as he does in Alma 26, especially verses 11-12. His joy was so great, that it eventually exhausted him later. He gave all of the credit to the Lord, because he knew that it was the Lord who blessed him and sustained him. I hope that I can be made an "instrument in the hands of God to bring about this great work" (Alma 26:3). We taught a lot of lessons and experienced a little of the fruit of our labor. I know there is more in store for us to. Some of it, I may not get the opportunity to experience, but that is alright. I do not like the thought that I have already been here for 6 months already and my time is almost up. It has gone by too fast. I know that it will be very hard to leave when the time comes. Hopefully I am somewhat ready.

I had a wonderful experience during personal prayer a few nights ago. I was talking to Heavenly Father and realized that it has been a while since I have asked to talk to Jesus Christ. I say in the prayer "Heavenly Father, if it is ok, I wish to talk to Jesus Christ" then I heard a voice say "here He is" and the atmosphere totally changed. It was such a powerful prayer. I felt so much closer to Him during that. I felt my Saviors love. I know I did. It was so wonderful talking to my best friend, someone who knows exactly what I have been through. Someone who knows me better than I know myself. Who loves me more than I can possibly begin to imagine. I am so grateful to have the knowledge of the Atonement and to know that families can be together forever. I love the fact that our Heavenly Father wants nothing BUT the best for us. He wants us all to come home. He wants it so badly, he showers us with blessings when we start to do the right thing. He is right there waiting, always. It is so moving for me to think of that. I know that He loves each and everyone of us individually. I love this gospel. I love my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. I love my Father in Heaven. Thank you everyone for everything. I love you!!!

Love,
Elder Hartman1

No comments:

Post a Comment