Tuesday, July 5, 2011

"The New Mission Prez is awesome..."

Hello everyone,

The Canada Post Strike ended last week, so that was wonderful news. A member told us at church the other day that some other areas are still going on strikes, so we will see how that affects our mail, ugh. I got a package the other day, but we are going to the post office to pick it up today. I am not sure who it is from, but I will let you know when I find out.

We flew to Juneau and met the new mission president. He was awesome, he showed us pics and videos of him flying jets, it was really kool looking. His wife was way nice too, she is way good at sudoku-however you spell that-and showed me some good techniques for it (I recently have started doing sudoku to try and help me focus more, and I just feel smarter after I solve one :). They are both really interesting, his wife did not know what he did for a job for a long time because he could not talk about it, it was all confidential. He has a lot of stories that I am looking forward to hearing as I serve with him for the next 18 months. He was nice to assure us that he won't lead the mission with a military attitude. That was so nice for me to hear.

We got permission to go to Skagway for the 4th of July and got to see the parade and everything, that was really kool to see. They had some floats and cars and stuff and then a bunch of activities. The egg toss was fun to watch, we did the tug-o-war and lost that due to our anchor who decided to switch his grip in the middle of the competition, which we were all rather upset about. But it was really fun. We rode these bikes around which were really fun.

I was glad to be back in my homeland for the 4th.

Sorry, I did not have a lot of time to send a good email this week because we could not email yesterday cuz we were gone all day and we have district meeting soon too, so thats why I could not give a lot of detail this last week. I will make up for it next week! (hopefully) But before I go here is a picture I took when we got lost trying to find a memebers cabin. Pretty kool view, eh?


Thank you very much everyone for you support, I love you all :)

Love,
Elder Hartman1

No comments:

Post a Comment