Monday, March 28, 2011

I Love Serving the Lord

Hello everyone!
Well this week was a little better. We had a little more success than last week. Basically, if any success comes my way, I am ecstatic about it hahaha :) We ran into a former investigator, his name is Adaymala, he is from Africa. He wants to come to church, but he is currently in the process of writing his play. That gave us hope to pick up another investigator! It is still hard to see why I am here in this area, success is not a word anyone would use to describe it. I just have to keep pressing on and put one foot in front of the other. I do not mind working, I like to work, it keeps me busy and takes up the day. I am hoping that I will get transferred somewhere different this transfer, but it is up to the Lord. Wherever he wants me to go, I will gladly go! The more I am in this area, the more I learn about myself. I am slowly thinking that I just need to learn some things about myself. I think that the Lord is trying to show me firsthand what my strengths and weaknesses are. It is helping, it is just hard to accept.
 
 People say that the first 6 months is the hardest, that maybe true, but I just have to put more effort forward. I know it sounds like a lot of negativity, but it is just a trying time in my mission. It is hard how it is at the very beginning, because I had high expectations, but the more I press on and the more I try and continue to have unshaken faith, I know that the Lord will bless me, whether it may not be the way I would like the most, but it is always the best way for me. Thank you for all of the support you are always giving me, it really does help.
 
I LOVE serving the Lord. I love how my testimony is growing. Although this may sound weird, but I love how we have to experience trials in life, because that way, we can experience the happiness and joys in life. Life would be boring without trials and resistance! Thank you so much for everything you do. I will leave you with my testimony.

I know that this is the true, living church of Jesus Christ. I know that Jesus Christ suffered for all of our sins in the garden of Gethsemane. I know that Jesus Christ rose from the dead after 3 days. I know that the Book of Mormon is true and is has the answer to every question we have. I know that Thomas S. Monson is the living Prophet of our church and receives revelation from God to lead our church. I know that every thing God does is done in Wisdom and it is always the best way for us, even when we may not realize it. I know that Joseph Smith saw Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ the Only Begotten son. I know that he translated the Book of Mormon and established this church for the last dispensation. I know that families can be together forever, and that was made possible through Jesus Christ. I know that these things are true and I believe it with every ounce of conviction in my body. I say these things in the sacred name of Jesus Christ amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment