Saturday, October 13, 2012

Transferred!!

Hello everyone! Well, the biggest news is that I am getting transferred from Fairbanks. I have been called to labor in the Meadow Cree ward in the Chugach zone with E. Poole. He is one transfer behind me in the mission and I think he is from Utah; I will let you know everything about him next week i.e. height, weight, eye color, hobbies, hair color, shoe size and what have you ;) This was a pretty bitter sweet moment, mainly because E. Boyer and I are getting separated into different zones (he is going back to Delta Jct. his old area) and we said goodbye to some families last night. I am really going to miss this zone, it was a blast being a zone leader up here, I loved every second of it. It was the easiest zone to be a zone leader for, any zone leader could come up here and instantly look amazing because the zone is doing so good. A really cool experience happened last night. I have to set up what happened the week prior for it to make sense. So the week prior, we were teaching this family lesson three, the Gospel of Jesus Christ. We had an activity to go along with it. We brought balloons for everyone and had them write their goals on it; these goals could be whatever they wanted, whether they were spiritual or temporal, short term, long term, anything. After they wrote them down, they gave them all to me and we commenced to teach them the lesson. After a little bit, I popped one of the balloons, on purpose. We kept on teaching, then I popped another one; this continued throughout the whole lesson until they were all popped. After we taught them the lesson, we talked about how the gospel of Jesus Christ provides us comfort in our lives as we pursuit our goals. It gives us a chance, when we mess up, to start again and kind of gives us a fall back when times get hard and we are trying to pursue something. We had them blow up some other balloons and had them keep them with some goals written on them. It was a great lesson. So that was last week. This time, right when we walked inside, the first thing we see is a balloon next a picture of the temple. It hit me so hard because this couple has not been married in the temple yet and the lesson we had with them last week really had an impact on them. We saw another balloon on the other side of the room with some other goals written on them. It made me so happy to see how they are progressing in the gospel and how the lessons we have had with them have had an impact on them. The lesson we had was amazing, the spirit was so strong. We taught the commandments and 'why' it is important to keep them. It was the perfect ending to this transfer. This has been one of the best transfers of my mission, I have loved every second of it. I am really going to miss Fairbanks, but I realize that the Lord needs me elsewhere. Hopefully you can feel the spirit from this story as strong as I did while I typed it down. I hope ya'll are having a great day! I love you! Love, -Elder Hartman1

No comments:

Post a Comment