Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Loving Alaska

Hello family and friends, my people folk,

(British Accent) Oh what joy fills my bosom with this wonderful
opportunity I am now granted to sit down upon a chair in front of a
computer screen to type the desires of my heart and the happenings of
this past week to my family and friends alike; it is a pleasure
indeed. :)

Sorry, just had to get that out :) This week was great! This transfer
is going to go by too fast, we are getting along great as a
companionship; we are working hard, but having fun throughout the day
as well. I will admit, it is easy to see the adversary working hard to
cause a weak finish to my mission - probably why the Lord gave me two
comps :)

Thanksgiving was great, we had a contest to see who could gain the
most weight that day, it ended up being a tie, we gained six pounds -
my goal was seven. We went to the church and ate with the Fullmers, a
huge, well known family here in Eagle River. The family is so big they
reserve the church every year and all of the family members come, it
ends up being around 50 - 60 people! This year there was only about
twenty tho. It was still a blast. We had a lot of desert that day as
we went around visiting other members and less actives.

This is my last legitimate proselyting week, I am going to do my best
to make the most of it. It is funny how some things are just a habit
now almost. Getting up at 6:30 is easier than it used to be, although
it was never easy. Exercising in the morning is a lot of fun and it is
hard for me not to now almost (probably because I do not want to come
home fat either). The schedule is just my daily routine now, hopefully
I carry a lot of these habits home.

I had another great experience while studying this week. I have found
that the greatest studies that I have had are while I am studying the
basic principles of the gospel, not immersing myself in deep doctrine,
I have always learned the most. The most important thing I am trying
to do is strengthen my faith in Jesus Christ and I have made it a goal
this week to testify of Him every day, whether it is at a dinner
appointment, a less active, whoever it is, I have found that I need to
testify of him more often.

We have zone conference on Wednesday. I am training on 'the Power and
Authority of Your Calling' out of Preach My Gospel, on page four if I
recall right. I am really excited for this, I have learned a lot from
it and am excited to help other missionaries realize how much power
they can or already do have. I really believe that missionaries do
realize how much more they can magnify their calling and the power
they are endowed with - if they are worthy. I will let ya'll know how
it goes next week!

I love you all so much! I got the package from Matt and Mikelle, thank
you! Hopefully you did not want me to wait until my birthday to open
it, because I may or may not have already... :) Thank you everyone
else for the continual support and prayers. I love you very much and
am grateful for each and everyone of you. I love you!
 
1.  WHAT WAS THE BEST THING THAT HAPPENED TO YOU THIS WEEK?

My study session I talked about in my weekly letter. It was great
because, basically my faith in Christ grew during that, that is the
best way I can describe it.


2.  HOW IS IT HAVING 2 COMPANIONS AGAIN?  I CAN'T BELIEVE HOW MANY
THREESOMES YOU HAVE BEEN IN - ISN'T THAT UNUSUAL OR IS IT COMMON IN
YOUR MISSION?

I have had fifteen total comps on my mission - almost one for every
transfer, due to all of the trios I have been in. It is unusual to
serve in as many trios as I have, but I love it, never a dull moment,
that is for sure.


3.  I THINK YOU HAD YOUR CHRISTMAS PARTY FRIDAY NIGHT.  HOW WAS IT -
TELL US ABOUT IT - WHAT YOU DID, ETC.

We did not have a Christmas party friday night, or at least we did not
go to one, we just spread the gospel that night!


4.  HOW IS YOUR ZONE NOW?

Awesome, we have zone conference on Wednesday, so it will be great to
see everyone :)


5.  YOU SAID YOU LOVE THIS AREA - WHY?

Mainly because of the members, they are so loving and nice to us. I am
for sure visiting some if I ever come back to Alaska!


6.  HOW DO YOU LIKE TRAINING 2 PEOPLE WITH THE SAME LAST NAME?  WHICH
ONE DO YOU LIKE BETTER - ELDER MERRIL OR ELDER MERRIL?

I love them both, I do not love one more than the other. It is fun,
and really easy training them both, they are great missionaries and
know what they are doing :)


8.  WHAT ARE SOME OF THE FIRST THINGS YOU WANT TO DO WHEN YOU GET HOME?

Spend time with the family, and then later, my friends.


9.  WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO MISS MOST ABOUT ALASKA?  WHAT WILL YOU MISS LEAST?

The people and the missionaries. I will just miss Alaska, the state
itself, it is where I need to be right now and it is going to rip my
heart out to leave.

-Elder Hartman1

No comments:

Post a Comment